Thoughts from a Daughter Of God, Wife, Mother, Dog Owner, Business Owner (Jewel's Jems Child Care), Belmont Mennonite Church Member, MOTTTs Mom, Scrapbooker, Facebook Member, & Pinterest Pinner!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Finally My Easter Post...

Yes, we did celebrate Easter. And I am just now posting about it...only 2 wks. later!

First of all, Braylon started his Easter celebration w/his 1st Easter Egg Hunt. Which was @ his friend Andrew's house.

Then 4 days later, my mom visited so we decided to decorate eggs for the whole family for Easter day. Braylon was excited to use his Bunny Dipper to grab the eggs. I tried 2 new things...the 1st was called "No Spill" cups & they work great! But the 2nd thing (the picture of Bray & I) called Marble Swirl decorating kit didn't work the way it's suppose to, unless we were doing it wrong. But I won't get that one again.


The Sat. before Easter...I had seen on the American Farmer's Market sign that they were having an egg hunt @ 9:30 so we decided to take Braylon to his 2nd Egg Hunt for the yr. We got there @ 9:25am & they tell us that it's pretty much over with. As soon as the 1st people showed up they let them get started! You're suppose to be able to find one egg @ each seller's booth. When we went around, the seller's were being creative...the 1st pic, the person just hid some candy in a basket for Bray to find...in the 2nd pic, Braylon did get to find an egg that hadn't been found yet by the early seekers...the 3rd pic, Bray is peeking inside his egg...he did get some candy...it's just not the type of hunt we were anticipating!


Finally...Easter Day! When we woke Braylon up, we got him dressed for church, & then told him he had to go find his 2 Easter baskets. Yes, I did type 2. I ended up buying him so much stuff that I had to use 2 baskets...his fire truck one from last yr. & then the new Thomas one I bought @ the Children's Resale.

Then Braylon got to do his 3rd Easter Egg Hunt @ church...here he got to search for 15 eggs!

Our Family Easter Picture:

We take turns each yr. of whose family we celebrate Easter with. This yr. was my family so we went to my parents' house. Braylon goes on his 4th Easter Egg Hunt...he had to find 7 green eggs!

We also celebrated my parents' BDs since Dad's is April 10th & Mom's is April 15th. I made them the Twinkie Cake.

Well you would think Easter would be over for us, right? A week later we got to celebrate it again w/Ben's family. Yes, I said normally we take turns. Ben's parents were out of town on Easter weekend. So they didn't celebrate til the next Sun. & since it worked out for us, we got 2 Easters. Here's Braylon's 5th & last Easter Egg Hunt...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Great pics Jewel! It looks like yous had a real fab Easter. Did your parents like the cake?

Jewel said...

Yes, everyone liked the cake!