Thoughts from a Daughter Of God, Wife, Mother, Dog Owner, Business Owner (Jewel's Jems Child Care), Belmont Mennonite Church Member, MOTTTs Mom, Scrapbooker, Facebook Member, & Pinterest Pinner!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

B&B Organics

A couple weeks ago a MOTTTs (Mothers Of Tots To Teenagers) Mom shared w/us this company called B&B Organics. You can order by 5pm on Friday & then the next week you pick it up at a location of your choice. There's a location right in Elkhart so I thought I'd give it a try! It's great & all but they give you sooo much & we chose the smallest pkg. for $28! We got 2.5 lbs. Bananas (which was one bunch), 2 Navel Oranges (which are big), 1 Mango, 1 fresh Pineapple, 1 lb. Strawberries, 1 lb. Kiwi Fruit (which was one kiwi), 2 zucchini squash (which were 2 little ones), 1 Red Bell Pepper, 1 Pkg. Cherry Tomatoes, 1 Pkg. Spring Mix, 1 Avocado, 1 Bulb Of Shallot, & 5 lbs. Russet Potatoes!!!

So I loved the fact that I was buying organic but it's just way too much for us for our family. I guess I'll just buy every now & then & not be a consistent customer. But for you local readers, if you're interested check out their website & I highly recommend it.

One evening I made a salad totally made out of the organic ingredients:

Even Braylon enjoyed the salad. The 2nd picture is of the Salad Toppings we did put on our salad (even tho it isn't organic) & Braylon calls it "people bird seed!"

Next time I order, I'm going to see if I can pick & choose what I want or if you have to order it the way they package it. Becuz out of all that, there's some stuff that we really enjoy & others not so much. Plus, if we want to order the same pkg. again, well I don't want ANOTHER 5 lb. bag of potatoes!!!

No comments: