Thoughts from a Daughter Of God, Wife, Mother, Dog Owner, Business Owner (Jewel's Jems Child Care), Belmont Mennonite Church Member, MOTTTs Mom, Scrapbooker, Facebook Member, & Pinterest Pinner!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Twinkie Cake

A friend of mine posted this on her blog & it sounded so good that I decided to make it...and it IS good! It's delicious! So here's the recipe:

Twinkie Cake:

Ingredients For The Cake:
1 yellow cake mix
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
1 c. water
1/3 c. oil
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt

Ingredients For The Filling:
1 c. water5 TBSP flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. oleo (I used margarine)
1/2 c. Crisco
2 tsp. vanilla
bit of almond extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all of the cake ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan lined with wax paper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Cool in refrigerator.
Once cooled, turn upside down onto waxed lined cookie tray.
Slice into two layers.
Put top half back into 9 x 13 pan.

Make filling:
Cook 1 c. water & 5 tbsp. flour on stove top until thick, stirring constantly. Make sure not to scorch it on the bottom.
Cool in refrigerator.
Once cooled, add sugar, oleo, Crisco, & 2 extracts.
Beat until thick & light, like whipped cream.
Layer the filling on top of your cake layer that is in the 9 x 13 pan.
Put other cake layer on top.
Enjoy!!!
Keep in refrigerator. May be frozen.

Here's a picture of Braylon enjoying the Twinkie Cake!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

So glad you enjoyed it :) luv ya bunches!! Kat

Joleen (JoJo) :) said...

Okay, so I finally got the ingredients to try this recipe. I had actually never heard of it until I saw it on your blog! Wow--it was awesome! Thanks for the recipe!

Jewel said...

Ooh, Joleen, I was so excited to see that you commented. I never heard of this cake either but I agree it tastes awesome!!! The next BD gathering we have for our family, I'm gonna volunteer to make this! Let's see who's next...ooh, it's my parents' BD that's next. I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind me making a cake for her! :)