Thoughts from a Daughter Of God, Wife, Mother, Dog Owner, Business Owner (Jewel's Jems Child Care), Belmont Mennonite Church Member, MOTTTs Mom, Scrapbooker, Facebook Member, & Pinterest Pinner!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shopping Helper

Braylon is wonderful to go shopping with. I don't mind him tagging along. Altho I do have to say, things have changed a bit...he does ask for more things, does notice more things, does ask more questions, and all that leads to a longer shopping trip. For quite awhile, every now & then he'll ask if he can ride in one of the TV carts, and I have always said no. For one, I don't want to get in the habit of always paying $1 to use it every time we go shopping! And 2nd reason is that I can't see what he's watching so therefore can't control what he sees. Sure, they are all children videos but still...I do like to know what he's watching. Well last week, I was already exhausted before we even started our shopping excursion. And this was a day when Braylon asked about these carts so I said sure! I slid my $1 in the machine & pulled out the cart...and hence the beginning of a new love!!! It was heavenly not having to answer to him every 10 seconds!!! And he totally forgot to ask about a sucker (which he faithfully asks for the moment we step into the door), I didn't have to stop & look @ the Thomas toys, I didn't have to stop & visit the fish, and etc. It still seemed like it took the same amount of time to shop but it wasn't becuz of him, it was becuz of my choices to look at things more carefully & with more time. The machine keeps playing videos until you cross the checkout line & then you have like 3 min. to go get a real cart & go put this one back in place before the wheels lock up on you. And it holds alot of groceries, at least a week's groceries for our household. So...I do believe I am willing to pay $1 every time we go shopping now! What's an extra $1 to my grocery bill?!?!?! When it includes peace & patience on my part!!!
He looks pretty happy, doesn't he?
This is my view of him when I'm shopping.
See his little brown head sticking up?
Here he is squishing closer to see the screen!
So those of you who shop @ Meijer, I advise you try this Shopping Helper out! And see for yourself how it gives you a more peaceful shopping experience! :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

And if you need another incentive, I found out that the $1 you put in the cart goes toward a children's hospital! So you can feel good about spending the money to help others in need!! :)
Jen HS

Jewel said...

Thanx, Jen, for letting me know that. I had no clue! Thanx for making me feel even more better! Yippee!!!