Thoughts from a Daughter Of God, Wife, Mother, Dog Owner, Business Owner (Jewel's Jems Child Care), Belmont Mennonite Church Member, MOTTTs Mom, Scrapbooker, Facebook Member, & Pinterest Pinner!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Jaydon's One!

I can't believe my baby, Jaydon Jae, has turned one on 6/9/11! Here's his 1 yr. pic & here's Braylon's!
Jaydon weighs 23 lbs. & 30 1/4" long
Braylon weighed 23 lbs. & 4 oz. & 29 3/4" long

Here's a recap of his BIG DAY! First of all, Daddy Ben took the day off of work! Yippee!

My cousin Beth Yoder is staying with us for the week while her host family is gone on vacation. She ate breakfast w/us & then went to work @ our church, Belmont Mennonite. She's an intern there for the summer.
Jaydon's 1 yr. BD breakfast: banana, pancake, a jar of baby food, & a bottle of formula!
This expression just sums him up! Doesn't he just look mischievous?! He is! He is sooo active! More active than Braylon was @ this age! Jaydon, what ARE you doing with that trash basket?!
One of the gifts we got Jaydon was 3 magnetic bath time boats. Truthfully, we got them from buying so many Pamper Diapers! :) If you buy Pampers, & you haven't discovered their Gifts To Grow points program, you are missing out! On every Pampers diapers/wipes container/box you can find a code on the pkg. Go to the Pampers website, register online to create an account, or log-in. Then go & enter the code. They add up. Trust me, they do, when you're constantly buying diapers & wipes for your wee one's bum. Eventually you collect enough to redeem for prizes. Like this one below in the picture! We've gotten many Melissa & Doug toys which are very good name brand toys. Ok, I'm done advertising for Pampers. Pampers, I'll be waiting for my commission check in the mail! Anyway, back to my boy's day!
For Jaydon's BIG outing, we went to Mishawaka!
To Target first becuz we had a gift certificate to use up. We took him to the toy aisle & let him, oops, nope, I mean, Braylon chose this dump truck for Jaydon. Notice Braylon in the background w/a red shirt on? He has in his hand a plastic golf set for himself.
Then to the University Park Mall we go! The 1st thing we have to do when we get there is play on the train table @ Barnes & Noble! I don't think Jaydon minds though!
He played trains until he fell asleep!
Okay, he played trains until we said "no more, it's nap time!" :)
It was lunch time so of course I wanted Ben to try out that new create your own stir fry restaurant called Flat Top Grill! It's more my style of food than Ben's but he did like it. Not as much as me though. Yum! Yum! See Jaydon napping in the corner?
We decided to get a dessert...don't remember what it was called but it was good.
Braylon is so excited that Jaydon is awake so he can play w/him. He's hugging him to show him his happiness. Isn't that so sweet?! I've got the 2 best boys ever!
I can not stand these changing tables! They make me so nervous that they are going to fall off the wall while my child is on it! But he had a poopy so I couldn't avoid it!
After that business was done with, off to the playland we go!
And of course we had to watch Braylon JUMP!
On our way home...
Do you notice anything different? Let's compare these 2 pictures:
the 1st one is on the way to Mishawaka & the 2nd one is on the way home
That's right! Jaydon is in a BIG BOY car seat! Remember our 1st stop was @ Target? Well we also got Jaydon his new ride now that he's one & weighs enough!
I think both boys are pretty excited to be next to each other!
Later in the evening we had some outdoor fun!
Whew! What a tiring transition to turn 1 yr. old!
Do you see his hand up by his eye in the 1st pic?
Happy 1st BD, Jaydon Jae! I have loved this 1st yr. with you!
Can't wait to celebrate your next yr. with you, and many more!

2 comments:

Joleen said...

When I first glanced at the picture of Jaydon on the changing table, it looked like he was on a tanning bed. lol...I know, I'm strange.

Jewel said...

This made me laugh. I went back & looked @ the picture & I totally see what you mean! lol