Thoughts from a Daughter Of God, Wife, Mother, Dog Owner, Business Owner (Jewel's Jems Child Care), Belmont Mennonite Church Member, MOTTTs Mom, Scrapbooker, Facebook Member, & Pinterest Pinner!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

This past Mon. the 18th was my 34th birthday! In spite of being sick all morning/day long, I did have a good birthday becuz I am soooo thankful that I have a Baby in my tummy! And becuz of my 2 wonderful boys in my life made my birthday so special!

Sat. we went to my parents' house for supper to celebrate mine & my oldest brother's BD which is 8 days before mine. Mom made my favorite meal...an African meal called Ground Nut Stew! I only had an appetite for a small helping of it. Usually I take 2 helpings!!! I love that stuff.

Sun. the day before my birthday when we got home from church, Ben grilled me a birthday meal...New York Strip steak from Yoders Meat & Cheese, grilled bruschetta toast, frozen sweet corn charlie corn off the cob, & Dole tropical fruit cup...& I was so happy that I was able to eat it all (well not all the steak) & that it actually tasted good too! You never know these days how I'm gonna react to a meal!
And here's the dessert that Ben & Braylon chose...little strawberry cheesecake bites & Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice-cream. Ben remembered that that's the kind of ice-cream I always got from the snack shop when I was @ Central Michigan University!
On my actual birthday we just hung around the house all day. I napped w/Braylon which he loves. And then we went out to eat for supper @ Hacienda.
They ordered me a Hacienda birthday hat! Which of course the staff had to sing to me first while I wear the hat!
I think he looks much better with it on!
and him too!
I can't believe all the birthday wishes I got thru Facebook! Yes, I counted & it was around 80 msgs.! The crazy thing is...90% of these people would not have even known it was my BD or even taken the time to send me a greeting if it wasn't for Facebook!

Next Sun., the 31st, we'll be celebrating mine & my sister-in-law's BDs w/the Yoder family. So my BD gets to be stretched out.

All in all I had a good birthday, glad to be alive to celebrate another one. But I definitely can't wait for next year's so I'll be my normal feeling self (unless I'm sick w/the flu or something!). I told Ben "you'd better watch out...next year I'll REALLY want to celebrate!" ha ha

No comments: