Thoughts from a Daughter Of God, Wife, Mother, Dog Owner, Business Owner (Jewel's Jems Child Care), Belmont Mennonite Church Member, MOTTTs Mom, Scrapbooker, Facebook Member, & Pinterest Pinner!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

A Reward & A Special Reward!

Braylon's supper reward was "You may have a piece of gum!" He has it in his mouth.After 2.5 months we are still having bedtime issues w/Braylon. Sometimes it gets better & sometimes it back tracks. It's just not the way it use to be...where he would sleep the whole night thru!!! After many different options, situations, rewards, threats, & etc...

Awhile ago Braylon's dr. had suggested letting him wear pull-ups @ night so he doesn't feel the need to get up in the night. We've gone back & forth on that. This past weekend Ben came up with this idea...have him wear pull-ups every night & see if he can stay dry for 7 days in a row...and then we'll be able to tell him "see, you can do it!" So Sat. night we told him what we're doing & of course...the next morning he was DRY! I don't get it...just becuz he had a pull-up on, he didn't get out at all & stayed dry...what's the difference when he has his underwear on??? But unfortunately...he woke up @ 2:30am & came to our room & said "I can't fall asleep!" I put him back to bed & of course he did fall back to sleep right away. Then...he comes to our room @ 4:30am & says "I can't fall asleep!" This time I made Ben put him back to bed & we'd take turns checking on him. Finally an hr later, by 5:30am he STILL was NOT asleep! Since we had to get up for church & couldn't sleep in, I let him sleep beside me on the floor. And guess what? He went right to sleep! Argh! So the next morning when we found out he was dry (which I was so surprised!), I gave him a special reward: Petey, his Easter duck stuff animal that I bring out
only @ Easter time.He had to bring Petey with him in the car on the way to church!
Here's Braylon snuggling against Petey while we get ready for bed. He slept w/Petey.
So last night, I told Braylon, if you sleep the whole night thru w/o coming to our room at all, you get to keep Petey for the next day. But if he comes out, then we'll take Petey away. And then the next night, if he stays in his room the whole time, he gets Petey back. Well...it worked! Well, really, who knows what works...it's all just a guessing game w/Toddlers! Unfortunately I kept waking up tho anticipating him waking up! He slept thru the night until 5:20am & then yells "Mom!" Um...that's not what we want either...BUT he didn't get out! So that is an improvement!

No comments: