Every Spring & Fall, I participate in this HUGE Children's Resale. It's a popular sale that happens on a Sat. from 8am-1pm...it's so popular that people come at 5am-6am to stand in line to get in!!! Well a nice perk is...if you volunteer for @ least 3 hrs. to help out, then you get to shop Friday night from 6:30-9pm! And that folks is what I do! Yeah, you still want to get there early to get a good spot in line BUT there are WAY less people...like only 100 some compared to a thousand! Ben dropped me off @ the Resale @ 4:30pm to start standing in line. He dropped Braylon off @ Grandpa & Grandma Yoder's house. Then bought our supper @ McD's & came to wait in line w/me. We thought he would get to go shopping w/us but found out he can't since he's not volunteering to work 3 hrs.! So I'm trying to convince him to volunteer next yr. w/me. But it was nice to have him there while I waited. I bought along this blue tub & one shopping bag. This yr. they handed out these neat orange shopping bags that advertises "Children's Resale!"

Here are my gems I found: Here's all the Thomas goodies...the roundhouse w/turntable w/27 pcs. of track (and when we got it out to play with, we found a Duncan engine stuck inside the doors...I wonder if the seller knew it was in there?!), 2 musical books, 4 books, 2 DVDs, 2 VHs, an ABC game, & this cool Thomas chair to go in his Thomas room!
And then I got lotsa other "train" stuff that isn't Thomas: this really cool train wall hanging that has the Bible verse "train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6), a train Easter basket, 3 train books, 1 train video, & 1 wind-up train which is his absolute favorite toy to play w/right now!
And then other stuff that isn't train related: Lego work table w/30 some lego pcs., 3 games, & 6 books!

And then the exciting things for Braylon (just kidding! He's really not that interested in the clothes that I bought for him...hmmm...I wonder why?) I got...7 long sleeve shirts & 8 short sleeve shirts!

And this was a spur-of-the-moment buy...a bassinet for Baby Brother! I can't wait to use it!!!

It was the oddest feeling to remember "hey, I need to shop for Baby also...not just Braylon!" So I got a bunch of Premie & Newborn sizes...1 shorts, jacket, 2 pants, 2 outfits, 8 onesies, 2 Big Brother books, & some Baby announcement cards (I didn't even know until I got home that these cards have trains on them!), & 1 picture frame.

I am excited about this picture frame...I bought one for Braylon online...and a couple months ago I remember thinking "hmmm...it would be neat to get the exact same frame for Baby Brother." And here when I was shopping I couldn't believe it was sitting there on a table...and for only 50 cents!!! Isn't it going to be so cute to be able to compare the 2 boys month by month?!

Okay, now for the GRAND total...you got an estimated total in your head? I got ALL of these GEMS for only $143!!!
2 comments:
Wow! looks like you got some great stuff at the resale, can't wait to see it all. mom
WOWZERS!!! I'm kinda speechless! That's a lot of awesome stuff!! What a wunnaful event.
Post a Comment