Thoughts from a Daughter Of God, Wife, Mother, Dog Owner, Business Owner (Jewel's Jems Child Care), Belmont Mennonite Church Member, MOTTTs Mom, Scrapbooker, Facebook Member, & Pinterest Pinner!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jaydon's Birth Story

The birth of Jaydon all started on Tuesday morning, June 8, 2010. At 11:10am, we went to our scheduled dr.’s appt. w/Dr. Weaver. She said that I was 3 cm. dilated. With Braylon @ this time, I was 4 cm. So we went home & did our day. 6:30pm. I had a bloody show when I went to the bathroom. And again @ 10:30pm so we decided we should go to the hospital & get it checked out. We called Dad & Mom Troyer to come on over so they could stay here w/Braylon. They got here around 11:30pm. We waited til midnight to go for insurance reason. If you go into the hospital right before midnight they would consider it a full day even if it was only a couple minutes of the day. So we got checked into a Traige Room. They hooked me & Baby up to monitors. I was 4 cm. by this time. The nurse went to call the dr. on call & while she was on the phone w/the dr. the Baby’s heart beat dropped for a moment. The dr. was about to tell the nurse to send us home becuz she didn’t think we were in real labor yet but when she found out Baby’s heart beat dropped she told the nurse to go ahead & admit us. So we got settled in Room #17. They gave me a sleeping pill.

The next day, Wednesday, June 9th, we just rode out the contractions. At 9:45am, I was still only 4 cm. dilated so they decided to give me Pitocin in my IV to get the contractions going. They started @ #1 & every ½ hr. the nurse would come & up it by 2. At #15 she stopped upping it, she was happy w/how the contractions were progressing. By then I could definitely feel the contractions were harder & coming more frequently but they were bearable. At 4pm I was only 5 cm. dilated so the nurse decided to have Dr. Mauck, who’s the dr. on–call, break my water. The next contraction was very painful…it felt razor sharp! Just like that…from day to night! I decided if I have to have these kind of painful contractions for 5 more cm., give me the pain meds! So they gave me a low dosage of Nubane. They can give it to me every hr. The next hr. they gave me the full dosage of Nubane. FINALLY it was time to push! I had to push like 10–12x! With Braylon I only had to push 3x & out he popped! Not this Baby! We found out his head was turned side ways or else he would’ve came out sooner. FINALLY @ 7:03pm, Jaydon Jae Yoder was born! He weighed 6 lbs. 14 oz. (Braylon was 6 lb.s 8 oz.) & was 19 ¼” long (Braylon was 18” long)! Here are pictures taken the 1st day he was born!

1 comment:

Joleen said...

Awesome pictures! Beautiful addition to your already beautiful family! Congrats!