Thoughts from a Daughter Of God, Wife, Mother, Dog Owner, Business Owner (Jewel's Jems Child Care), Belmont Mennonite Church Member, MOTTTs Mom, Scrapbooker, Facebook Member, & Pinterest Pinner!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

July 2011 Fair Time!

Every summer I look forward to Fair Time! We always have to go @ least once! But for some reason this past summer we got to go 3 times! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
DAY 1:
Here's a free pair of glasses the boys got.
 Checking Braylon's height so we know what rides he can go on. He's 41 & 1/2" tall!
The very 1st ride Braylon wants to ride on is the TRAIN ride! He, of course, remembers it from last yr.
I know Braylon's getting older & braver by this ride, the bumper boats. Last yr. he wanted to go on it but then when he got to this point, he decided he didn't! So this time I was waiting to see what he would do when he got to this point... 
 He got in the boat! Yippee! I'm so proud of you, Braylon! 
This what Jaydon was doing @ this time...taking a nap, obviously dreaming about something good! :)
No, this picture is not out of place...this really is Braylon on the train ride for a 2nd time! This time he was 1st in line so he got to go in the engine which he really wanted! 
 Oh, look, Jaydon's awake! 
 Braylon had to share the engine spot w/another boy rider.
Supper time! So many choices! We chose corn dogs for the boys. Ben got Philly Cheese Steak sandwich.
Me? What did I get? What I get EVERY.SINGLE.TIME! Saratoga Chips! These are my absolutely most favoritest thing to get...can you tell? I don't know why I have a picture of Braylon eating them instead of me when it's MY favorite thing!? Oh, I know why, becuz a picture of Braylon eating them is much cuter! :)
Of course we had a drink too! 
I love this picture of my boys! Braylon just had an urge to kiss Jaydon! Love it when that happens!
Why is Jaydon's mouth open so eagerly? He's waiting for ice-cream! Braylon enjoying dippin' dots.
  Next stop...go see the animals! 
 Again, so proud of Braylon...he actually petted this donkey! 
 And of course if Braylon petted it, then Jaydon has to pet it too!
DAY 2: 3 days later, we're back...
We checked out the rabbit area to see if we could find our neighbors' rabbits...here's Braylon petting one of them!
 Looks like the boys are eating more corn dog! Not sure what Ben & I had.
The main reason we came again was becuz we wanted to see the animal show! Every summer this fair brings in an animal to show off. This time it was BEARS! We ran into some friends of mine from MOTTTs so here's Braylon, our friend Jayden, & my Jaydon.
  Here's the Bear Show!
  This bear caught rings around his neck. And saying goodbye!   
Day 3: our neighbors called us & said "we've got tickets for the fair but can't use them, do you want them?" So thus the reason we are there for a 3rd time in one summer! Why not? It was free this time! And we were helping out some neighbors! :) So 3 days later, again, here we are:

Every time we went by the horses pulling the wagon, Braylon asked if we could ride it. We always said no so this time we said yes! Look how happy he is. Even tho Jaydon doesn't look like he's enjoying it, he did.
Oh, look, we're eating again! This time the boys ate a hot dog instead of a corn dog! Ben & I got something different also, since, you know, this is our 3rd time. Even though it doesn't look like Jaydon has any food, he did eat!
 
See? And he did eat more than just a chip & a pickle! He ate 2 chips & 2 pickles...just kidding! Braylon & him shared the hot dog.
  See? He's happily stuffing his face!
Let me tell you about this drink container...this was EVERYONE'S, and I mean everyone's, that means Ben's, mine, Braylon's, & Jaydon's favorite drink! It is called Lemon Shakeups but you can get all different kids of flavors. When they fill it up, they shake it to get it all mix up into all that yumminess, hence the name shakeup. We came back 3x after our original buy! Becuz it was cheaper to refill it! One of the guys informed us that if we save this cup all yr. long we can bring it back next yr. & start refilling it @ the refill price! Sweet! We will do that! He probably thought "hey, I can tell them that becuz they won't remember this a yr. later" Well let me tell you it's 9 mo. later that I am creating this post & we have it sitting on our top shelf waiting for us to grab it for another yr. @ the fair! Thank you, mister, for helping me save a little bit next fair time! He didn't realize he was talking to a person who likes a bargain! So all you local fair goers...I recommend you try this drink & if you like it as much as this family does, you should do what we're doing! :)
Another thing every year that I have to do at the fair is go through the commercial buildings where tons of vendors are set up to display their products & try to convince you that you want it!
Another highlight of this evening is Braylon & I rode on a roller coaster ride! I am so excited that he loves to ride rides...I'm hoping that when he's older he's going to be my riding buddy! Ben doesn't care for roller coasters!
 Ben said it looked tame enough so Braylon got to ride again!
Yes, I had to get these Saratoga chips again! Hey, I didn't get them the 2nd time we were here! But I KNEW this was going to be my last chance for the yr. cuz we're NOT coming back for a 4th time!  
 Braylon is quite happy that he was able to convince us to get him an elephant ear!
 After the boys got hyped up with sugar, we let them run around! First, they needed to hug! 
 And then off they went

That's it! No more! No more fair time!

What are your all time favorite fair things you have to do every year?!

No comments: