If you told me a couple yrs. ago that I would sign my 4 yr. old up for swimming lessons, I would've said you're crazy. I am not a huge fan of water so I don't have the desire to teach my kiddos or even think about swim lessons. Spring of 2010 I found out a friend of mine has a swimming lesson business from her home called "
Shepard's Swimming School". I told Ben "let's sign Braylon up!" I signed him up for the Waterbug class which is for 4-6 yr. olds. It's 3 days for 2 wks. I noticed a huge improvement from the beginning of lessons to the end. Jaydon was 1.5 mo. old & would sleep during Braylon's lessons. Well last summer rolled around & of course now I want to sign Braylon up again. And now that we have Jaydon, well it only made sense to sign him up, even though he'll only be 1 yr. old, so that way he can get used to the water. I signed Braylon up for Waterbugs again, since he is 5, & Jaydon up under the Bubbles class, which is for 1-24 mo. & a parent has to be with. The 1st week I was w/Jaydon for the 3 sessions. The last week Ben hung out w/him for the 3 days. Jaydon cried every single time we got in the pool w/him but thankfully he would eventually settle down. I forgot to tell you, the pool is 90 degrees...ahhhhh! :) There were about 5 other baby/parent pairs w/us.
Here some pics of Jaydon's very 1st swimming lessons on July 11th:
I LOVE this pic! Look at his hand under his chin! I'm thinking he's a bit relaxed! And just taking a rest.
Not sure if you can see his face, but he is CRYING! He did NOT like it that Kari (she's the owner & teacher of his class) took him from me. She took him to have him swim back to me.
Look...he was happy for some of the lesson! :)
His last swimming lesson happened to be on Ben's BD, July 21st. Here are some pics of their time:
It was worth paying for these swim lessons. I'll be definitely signing both the boys up again next yr.! Next post...Braylon's swimming lessons!
No comments:
Post a Comment